Sri Chenna Malleeswarar Devasthaanam - Chennai Tourist Places
Birla Planetarium :
B.M.Birla Planetarium is a large planetarium in Chennai providing a virtual tour of the night sky and holding cosmic shows on a specially perforated hemispherical aluminium inner dome. It is located at Kotturpuram in the Periyar Science and Technology Centre campus which houses eight galleries, namely, Physical Science, Electronics and Communication, Energy, Life Science, Innovation, Transport, International Dolls and Children and Materials Science, with over 500 exhibits. Built in 1988 in the memory of the great industrialist and visionary of India B. M. Birla, it is the most modern planetarium in India. There are two other Birla Planetariums in India, viz., the one in Kolkata known as M. P. Birla Planetarium and the other in Hyderabad and Coimbatore.
Elliot's Beach :
Elliot's Beach (popularly known as "Besant Nagar Beach" or "Bessie") is located in Besant Nagar, Chennai, India. It forms the end-point of the Marina Beach shore, and is named after Edward Elliot, Governor of Madras. It has the Velankanni Church and the Ashtalakshmi Kovil nearby. In the colonial era, it was a fairly exclusive place limited to ex-patriates.
Napier Bridge :
Napier Bridge is a bridge in Chennai (Madras), India, built over the Coovum River connecting Fort St. George with the Marina beach. One of the city's oldest bridges, it was built in 1869 by Francis Napier who was the Governor of Madras from 1866 to 1872. Alongside the iron bridge built in 1869, a new bridge was built in 1999 with a 10.5 m-wide carriageway on the western side. The eastern side carriageway is 9.75 m in width. The bridge is 138 m long with 6 spans (bowstrings) across the river near its mouth. It has 2-m wide footpaths.
TIDEL Park :
TIDEL Park offers a plug and play environment that allows businesses to thrive in an industry where some things must be taken for granted - a failsafe physical infrastructure, highly qualified manpower, amenities and facilities – right in the heart of Chennai city.
Government Museum Complex :
The Government Museum Complex in Egmore houses the Government Museum, Connemara Public Library and the National Art Gallery. Established in 1851, the museum consisting of six buildings and 46 galleries covers an area of around 16.25 acres of land. The objects displayed in the museum cover a variety of artifacts and objects covering diverse fields including archeology, numismatics, zoology, natural history, sculptures, palm-leaf manuscripts and Amravati paintings. Connemara Public Library is one of the four National Depository libraries which receive a copy of all books, newspapers and periodicals published in India. Established in 1890 the library is a repository of centuries-old publications, wherein lie some of the most respected works and collections in the country. It also serves as a depository library for the UN. The National Art Gallery building is one of the finest Indo-sarcenic type of architectures in the country.